Saturday, May 10, 2008

Chillin' in Mobile, Alabama

Friday May 9, 2008 through Sunday May 11, 2008 I am stayin' put in Mobile, Alabama. Yeah, that's right, it's not hot enough out there yet. i thought I would let the oven preheat before baking my body for the next 6-8 hour ride.

In the meantime, Friday night I met up with Jackie, an old friend, at the Bucanneer Yacht Club for a crawfish and beer party benefiting the sialing team at University of South Alabama. It was good hanging out with her and others after a day of errands (new riding shorts with what is supposed to be irritationless stitching, as well as a grocery run to WalMart supercenter).

Also met new people from Bay St. Louis in Mississippi, the target of Hurricane Katrina's wrath in the recent past. Hearing about how people have rebuilt there was encouraging news. We even took a moment to teach these nice folks about the drinking game "flip cup" as the University of South Alabama students were outside playing the game.

Saturday has been a lazy day, as I got out of bed at Noon while Robert and his wife Rene went to the beach. I thought better of it as I will be seeing enough sun in the days ahead. Tonight I will be going to a couple block parties in Mobile.

More later...

No comments: