Thursday, May 15, 2008

Staying Put in Baton Rouge, LA

Thursday May 15, 2008

I am resting in Baton Rouge. Ideally, a rest day comes after 3 days. That may seem excessive and may be reduced over time, but it is ideal especially when there is an “energizing station” en route where I have family or friends.

Staying put this time was out of necessity due to weather as well. Shortly after I got off the bike yesterday, and I found out the area is under a Thunderstorm Warning and Tornado Watch. Listening to the rains last night while in bed confirmed it was nothing I wanted to encounter while riding, but gave me flashbacks of the rain I once encountered while living in Alabama, not being able to see past the hood of your own vehicle.

Clear sunny skies right now at 2:15pm. Forecast looks like it should be cloudy tomorrow and clear for a week. Despite having all the comforts of home here, I plan to head off tomorrow AM and keep getting closer to home. Though temptation lurks...

3 comments:

IronTide said...

Enjoy the stories Dan. A chapter in life that will read well.

Unknown said...

Hi Dan,
Just checking in to give you some encouragement. Looks like you're still going strong. We had bike-to-work today. Three of us went from just east of the North County Fair Mall to Northrop Grumman (10 miles). Will head back this afternoon. Some of the guys in our lunchtime bike group also rode to work today. I noticed that you post teh number of calories you're consuming. Are you maintaining your weight, or are you finding it difficult to refuel completely?
Take care, Rudy

Mike said...

Dan, your kicking ass. Thanks for the call the other day.

Enjoy the rest days.

I'm heading out tomorrow for the 55 miles up to San Onofre State Beach, then back on Sunday. Should be a good training ride.

Keep it up.

-Mike